Hernandez style, "Pile it on" Lasagna
What will Hernandez' status be for Week 10 against the Buffalo Bills. When Aaron is on the field we usually see layer after layer of a great plays. He simple goes out there and gets it done. We all hope that we will layer it on them touchdown after touch down but in any case enjoy this great Tex Mex inspired lasagna.
• 3 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 pounds ground turkey breast
• 2 Tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 cup taco sauce
• 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 8 (8 inch) soft corn or flour tortillas
• 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
• sliced black olives for topping
• low-fat sour cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil to
3. Add ground turkey and season with chili powder and cumin. Brown the meat (about 5
4. Add taco sauce, black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through then season with salt
5. Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining Tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Cut the tortillas in quarters for easy layering.
7. Start with a layer of the meat mixture, then layer with tortillas and then cheese.Repeat
for a second layer, ending with cheese.
8. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
9. Remove from oven, top with sliced black olives and serve.