The fluke, also commonly known as summer flounder one of the most common of the flatfishes. These fish are easily recognizable because they are flattened from side to side, allowing them to inhabit their bottom-dwelling niche very successfully.
Shane Vereen’s performance Sunday was no fluke our running back had a runaway day for his playoff inauguration, 124 yards and three touchdowns in the victory against the Texans.
I am sure it was not a fluke performance, look out Danny, and can assure you that this Avocado Tuna Melt is not a fluke when it comes to sandwiches or cut into smaller pieces a good appetizer.
· 1 Avocado
· 1 can of tuna
· A few chopped roasted Baby Roma Tomatoes or salsa is good in this
· Salt and pepper to taste
· A shake of onion and garlic powder to taste (optional)
· Bread – your choice, French, Italian, white, wheat, wholegrain, slider roll, sub…..
· Sliced or shredded cheese your choice I happen to have some sliced provolone left over from my stuffed eggplant. Cheddar is my favorite with this I like the sharp taste.
· Drain the tuna and flake in a small bowl. Add avocado and other ingredients and combine to mix well
· Lightly toast the bread
· Spread tuna mixture on the bread
· Cover with cheese
· Place on cookie sheet and under a broiler on high until the cheese is melted I like slight browned.
Served with corn salad and what else a couple Baby Roma Tomatoes, the slice cucumber never made it to my plate. What one’s got to munch you know.